As a premier teacher education institution of the district the faculty members of the DIET, Sonitpur are always trying to investigate the various academic and administrative problems faced by the teachers as well as school authority through different field researches, action researches and case studies. For this purpose, the faculties of this DIET have conducted a lot of field researches action researches and case studies last 10 years. Some of the research studies conducted by our faculty members during the last 1o years are as follows:
1. Role of Headmaster in School Management of Govt. primary school under Sonitpur district with special reference to Dhekiajuli block, Assam (2001) conducted by Sri Basanta Deka, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali.
2. “A study on the implementations of MDM programme at Govt. provincialized primary school in Sonitpur district” 2008 – Conducted by Sri Basanta Deka, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali.
3. “A study on the problem of irregular attendance of learners in Govt./Provincialized primary school under Sonitpur District, Assam.” Conducted by Sri Basanta Deka, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali.
4. “A study on causes of low enrolment and high dropout of Bodo Tribal children at the primary level of education in Naduar education block of Sonitpur district, Assam”2006 – Conducted by Sri Chandan Kr. Bhuyan, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali.
5. “A Critical analysis of various factors responsible for low enrolment and high dropout of Tea Tribe children at the primary level of education in Behali Elementary Education Block of Sonitpur District, Assam”, 2014 – Conducted by Sri Chandan Kr. Bhuyan, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali.
6. “A critical study of the status of Right to Education Act, 2009”in the Tea Garden managed schools of Sonitpur district of Assam” 2015 – Conducted by Sri Chandan Kr. Bhuyan, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Biswanath Chariali. (This study has been conducted in collaboration with SSA, Sonitpur as per the instruction of SSA, Assam)
7. “A study on universalization of elementary education with special reference to enrolment and retention at Biswanath Chariali block under Sonitpur district, Assam”(1997) – Conducted by Sri Jibesh Sarmah, Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Assam.
8. “A case study on achievement level of differently abled children (CWSN) in LP school under Gabharu Elementary Education Block of Sonitpur district”(2014) – conducted by Sri Jibesh Sarmah, Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur, Assam.
Action Researches: A lot of action researches have been conducted by our DIET faculties during the last couple of years. Besides, under the guidance of our faculties a lot of action researches have been conducted by the teachers of elementary levels in their respective school.
Involvement in learner’s achievement study conducted by NCERT/SCERT/ASER etc.
In addition to their normal duties, some of our faculty members also took part in National and State level learner’s achievement survey at the end of class – III, IV and VIII conducted as per the guidance of NCERT and SCERT respectively from time to time. Besides, our faculties also played a major role in the achievement survey conducted by SSA, Assam with full cooperation. Pratham, a Non Govt. Organization also conducted a National level educational study in our district in the year 2014 and 2016 in order to prepare Annual Status Education Report. In this particular study as per the instruction of Director, SCERT, Assam one of our faculties took active part as District Coordinator.
Our Innovative Works:
The faculties of DIET, Sonitpur have been involving themselves in various types of innovation in the field of elementary education. Some of the major innovative activities performed by our DIET faculties are mentioned below:
- To enhance the achievement of tea tribe student, a bridge course material on language has been developed and tested in the field in collaboration with SSA, Assam by Sri Satya Ranjan Kundu, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur.
- “INJHAR”, a bridge material written in “Sadri Language” for language text book of Class I and II which was developed by SSA, Sonitpur under the coordination of our Sr. DIET faculty Sri Satya Ranjan Kundu under his guidance, this bridge material was tested on sampled basis in some of the tea garden area lower primary schools.
- Development of audio cassette on Nursery Rhymes for school preparedness by Sri Satya Ranjan Kundu, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur
- Ganit Sikshar Guri Katha – I by Sri Bipul Khound, Lecturer
- Ganit Sikshar Guri Katha – II by Sri Bipul Khound, Lecturer
- Story Book No – 5 by Mrs. Rupali Hazarika, Lecturer (Retired)
- Mother Teresa by Mrs. Rupali Hazarika, Lecturer (Retired)
Before introducing the Pre-Service Teacher Education (D.El.Ed.) Course, the DIET, Sonitpur conducted Junior Basic Training programme for lower primary teachers since 1992 onwards. This in-service teacher training programme continued till 2004 – 05. The results of these courses are as follows:
Junior Basic Training Course:
|Sl.No.||Session/Year||Nos. of trainees||Successfully completed||Percentage|
The best result of the Junior Basic Training Course from this institute
|Sl. No.||Year||Rank||Name of trainee|
|1||1992||10th||Jayanti Guha Roy|
|4||1996||5th||Sulekha Rani Dey|
Pre-Service Teacher Education
(2 –Year Diploma in Elementary Education Course)
|Sl. No.||Year||Total Nos. of Students||Successfully Completed||Percentage|
2-Yr. D.El.Ed. Course under KKHSOU a Distant Mode
|Sl.No.||Session||Total Nos. of trainees||Successfully completed||Percentage|
|2||2014-15||61||Result yet to declared|
1. Mrs. Parboti Borthakur, Ph.D.
Sr. Lecturer, CMDE, D.I.E.T., Sonitpur (Retired)
For acquiring Doctor of Philosophy (Doctorate Degree) on his research study entitled – “Bodo tribal in the changing socio-political landscape of Brahmaputra valley” – A study on Political Geography under Gauhati University.
2. Mrs. Jinu Borah Saikia, M.A., M.Ed., Principal DIET, Sonitpur (Retired)
3. Mrs. Nirmali Borah, M.A., M.Ed., Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur
4. Mrs. Rima Borah, M.A., M.Ed., Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur
For successfully acquiring M.Ed. Degree from Madurai Mamraj University
5. Sri Satya Ranjan kundu, M.A., B.T., DEPA, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur & Principal, DIET
6. Sri Basanta Deka, M.A., B.Ed.,DEPA, Sr. Lecturer (Retired)
7. Sri Chandan Kr. Bhuyan, M.Sc.(Agril), DEPA, Sr. Lecturer, DIET, Sonitpur
For completing Diploma in Educational Planning & Administration from NUEPA, New Delhi.